Their Tomorrow For Our Today
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VA-1000 Golden Country Hits-Vol 01-15
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 am by 

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:25 am by 

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 am by 

» Tank Quiz from Jim
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:04 pm by jimc

» new new new
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:59 am by Neil

» Photo night at the OG's
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm by Mick

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 am by Admin

» Problems with the forum
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:23 am by Admin

» The Friday Night Special
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:17 am by Mick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production

3 posters

Go down

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production Empty proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:49 am

Finished for the weekend now, was in Npton today so popped into the model shop, i am now the proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production, i have opened the box WOW, where do you start Neil, These were widely used up until the Tiger 2 in january44. I am not sure yet which ones old Baskey knocked out but i will start with this one to get going. Mick have you found this out yet ?.
Neil i agree i love seeing what we are up 2 & it is funny that we have got this interest after all these years.
As for the beer its should start soon. Jackie is 3 x 11 today so i am disappearing up into the loft lol. Anyone is more than welcome to come down, bring beer & crisps lol.
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production Hummel1
At 2000h on the 19th September 1944, pair of Tigers drove up Nijmeegseweg and onto the ramp leading to the bridge and started to systematically shell houses occupied by the British Paratroopers. Moving along the Eusebius Buitensingel (the street between the Van Limburg Stirum school and nearby houses) the Tigers caused a number of casualties including men of the RAOC and Royal Signals. One of the German Tigers was hit by one of the remaining 6-pounder Anti Tank guns housed at the British Brigade HQ building scoring a direct hit on the turret and gun barrel of Knaack's Tiger wounding 2 crew. Both Tigers withdrew considering themselves lucky with Knaack's Tiger moving to the Tank workshops in Doetinchem. The remaining Tiger worked closely with the Panzer-Grenadiers of Kampfgruppe 'Brinkmann' eliminating the last pockets of resistance around 0500 on Thursday 20th Sept 1944 at the Bridge.
proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production Hummel2One of the two Tiger I at the Arnhem Bridge with a half track from Kampfgruppe 'Brinkmann'proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production TigerditchTiger I #124 was one of the 5 tigers hit in an ambush on the night of the 22nd Sept 1944 in Elst.
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production Empty Re: proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production

Post  Mick Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am

Paul, that really is an awesome kit. Good luck with it and enjoy it! I am off to the model shop tomorrow, but I might not be as brave as you.

I could not get out of work at lunchtime at all this week to The Staffs museum in Lichfield. I want to consult their archives to detemine if it was indeed Tigers that Baskeyfield knocked out. The Brits (and yanks) on seeing any German tank automatically assumed that they were Tigers'. Bit like the German pilots always assuming they were automatically against a spitfire. That said, we definetly know Tiger 1's and even soem Tiget 2's were in and around Arnhem, so it may be so that it was Tigers and Stug's that he took out.

Know what you mean Paul about having a shared interest after all these years. However, if we are honest I think the interest has always been there. Remember these Neil?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/14/13/41/89/scan0010.jpg
Mick
Mick
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production Empty Re: proud owner of a Michael Wittman tank, Tiger 1 panzerkampfwagen VI fruhe production

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:56 am

Forgot to mention , the woman in the pic is Special Forces, she took out the tank with knicker elastic and curlers. She is just checking the tank to make sure she got them all
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Been looking on the net I am happy that we can use this model in the Dio, the Tiger 1's were the ones at Arnhem, Major Cain took a couple out as well. I have just popped out the loft where i am having a glass of wine, building the model with a good cd on - heaven !!!!!!!!
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Very funny Paul.

Yes, no problem with that Tiger model being in teh Dio and at Arnhem in general. Need to check what heavy tank detachment they were and what markings they carried? You can get the decals for the specific detachments.
Mick
Mick
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Mick i still got a few of those photo's kicking around i will try and find them.
Paul that looks like a great kit m8t, search on armorama you might find a build log of it, any probs let me know m8t and i will pop round or bring the fecker round here lol
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Paul take your time with those bloody wheels lol
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Mick, i bet you end up coming home with a stug 3 lmao
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:35 pm

It might come with the correct decals Mick some kits give you a couple of sets fingers crossed.
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 pm

just having a break from those bloody wheels lol, 3 hours and counting, bottle of wine is going down so i dont want to do 2 much more lol. Yes Mick need all the right markings & decal, when it comes to that part i will research the specific divisions & tanks so we can get some correct numbers etc, also need to know what paint jobs as there were a number of options, we can get them from photos i am sure ------ get a Stug & or a Tiger Mick we will need them all, i am thinking of converting the loft to a 10ft by 12ft battle of Arnhem lol
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 pm

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=136186&page=1

some great stuff here guys
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Yes Neil bur we are better, we already know stacks, i bet u cant wait to get over there now, there is loads to see, i am really enjoying thinking of ideas. i see what you mean about glueing from the inside , only a couple of slips so far lol, bought some good magnifiers
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:36 pm

I tell ya Paul next May is gonna be great can't wait
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Paul is correct Neil, when we are on our trips we really go into the detail on things. That got me thinking Paul, there is no one that knows more about Arnhem than Steve Cheney. We could drop him a line and tell him what we are up to? I need to give him the heads up on Neil coming along next year.

Honestly Neil, it really is the dogs bollocks being there!
Mick
Mick
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:50 pm

send him the link Mick he loves Arnhem & knows it better than anyone i know. Do you have his e-mail address / if not I've got it
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:14 am

Ye, I have his e-mail, I will drop him the line and link. He could give us some valuable info and we could give him a luagh (lol)
Mick
Mick
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 am

Morning lads
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:22 am

morning Neil, we are all up early today, going for a haircut up Sukey's this morning so will pop my head in that shop Neil & no i wont be walking out with a helmet !!
Paul
Paul
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 am

Lmao Paul i bet you end up buying something lol
Neil
Neil
Gunner
Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down